QUALITY CARE & OUTCOME
EXPERIENCED, DEDICATED THERAPISTS
United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital understands that Neurological Rehabilitation is designed to meet the needs of each individual patient, depending on the specific problem or disease process. Active involvement of the patient and family is vital to the success of the rehabilitation process.
The goal of Neurological Rehabilitation is to help the patient return to the highest level of function and independence possible, while improving the overall quality of life – physically, emotionally, and socially.
Neurological Rehabilitation may include:
- Assistance with activities of daily living (eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, etc..)
- Speech Therapy to help patients with speaking, reading, writing, or swallowing.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression management.
- Bladder and bowel retraining.
- Activities to improve mobility, muscle control, gait (walking), and balance.
- Exercise programs to prevent and decrease weakness caused by lack of use, manage spasticity and pain, and maintain range of motion.
- Social and behavioral skills retraining.
- Nutritional counseling.
- Involvement in community support groups.
- Activities to improve cognitive impairments.
- Patient and family education and counseling.
- Pain management.
- Vocational counseling.