QUALITY CARE & OUTCOME
EXPERIENCED, DEDICATED THERAPISTS
Spinal Cord Injury
United Medical Rehabilitation Hospital has a highly skilled staff and the most advanced robotic therapy to assess and treat Spinal Cord Injuries. Our goal of treatment during the rehabilitation phase of a spinal cord injury is to return as much function as possible to the patient. Because all spinal cord injuries are different, a unique plan is designed to help the patient function and succeed in everyday life is designed. The plan often includes:
- Helping the patient understand his or her injuries.
- Helping the patient understand the details regarding his or her care.
- Helping the patient become as independent as possible in everyday activities such as bathing, eating, dressing, grooming, and wheelchair use.
- Helping the patient learn to accept a new lifestyle.
- Helping the patient learn how to instruct caregivers on how to assist them.
- Preparing patients for vocational rehabilitation.
WANT MORE INFORMATION
The staff at United Medical Rehabilitation Hospitals
are always available to answer any questions you have.